"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons"
~ T.S. Eliot
"The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

Friday, April 15, 2011

Cutting taxes does not create jobs

Cutting taxes does not create jobs. For example:

From: Ben Horn [mailto:Ben@Horn.net]
I am sick every time I hear the Republicans say that we must lower taxes for the “job creators” (aka business owners) so they will create more jobs. It is the biggest lie of the year.

How many business owners have stood with those Republicans and promised to hire more workers if the taxes on their business profits were lowered? I have not seen any.

I have been a business owner for about 20 years and currently have about 10 employees. You can cut and cut and cut my income tax but I will not hire any more employees because of those cuts.

I hire more employees when demand for our products increases and I determine that profits will increase by adding staff. It would be stupid to hire more employees simply because my income taxes go down. Lowering my income tax just means I will have more money for me; it is not justification to add staff at my business!

The Republican stance makes no sense to me. Am I missing something?

Ben Horn
Minneapolis

No comments:

Post a Comment