"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons"
~ T.S. Eliot
"The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

Monday, January 27, 2014

NO! NO! NO!


New York, 1971

We were fighting for the right as women to have and enjoy sex as free, responsible, decent, non-slut adult women when I was in my late teens and early twenties and a college student. We fought for "nice girls" to be allowed to enjoy sex just as "nice men" do. We fought that Double Standard. We fought for contraception then, too. And we won. And we thought we won control of the means of production (our own bodies), too. We thought we won not only for ourselves, but for our daughters and our granddaughters, as well.

I am now 64 years old, POST post-menopausal. Why in Hell are we having to fight this again? Why are we fighting for the right to have "libidos" again over forty years later against the same pasty-faced, pudgy, ugly, Christian white men in power? This is silly. No more generations of American women will be raised and judged like my grandmother and my mother and aunts. Never again. No more aspirin between the knees. NO! NO! NO!


Mr. Huckabee of "Libido" Fame







No comments:

Post a Comment