"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons"
~ T.S. Eliot
"The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

Monday, March 24, 2014

And Casper Makes Four


Meet Casper


That's Mr. Casper to Certain Folks!

Yesterday, Sunday, March 23rd, Casper joined my family. He now lives with me, Kia The Pyr Queen, and Readmore The Cat. And everyone has been getting along beautifully.  You may remember that when I tried to adopt German Shepherds, after a lifetime of adoring them and assuming I would have them all my life, Readmore, would hide for weeks and not come out! I love him too much for that. But the minute Kia walked into the door in 2010, Readmore was fine. He must have sensed the gentleness of the Pyr.

Casper, my new little boy, is three years old. Kia is eight, almost nine. Readmore, we do not know. All are Rescues, of course. Here is Kia. She's prettier than this, but this comes close to capturing her sweet face.

Kia, my love, and now I've made her a cougar.

So we all walked a lot yesterday afternoon and again last night. Casper stays close by. He's a snuggler, a cuddler, a Velcro dog, the Rescue tells me. So, by last night …


Casper right by me

By about 10 or 10:30, both doggies were all tired out and sleeping together:

Two Pyrs sleeping
Readmore was at home on the sofa:

What a sweet cat!
And this morning, Readmore posed as a bookend:

Bookends, like Old friends...

I wanted to get photos of the dogs out on our walks today, but Casper is learning to walk with us, and I am learning to handle two dogs. Kia is fine and perfect. But I couldn't quite get by with two dogs, two leashes, two poop bags, and my phone camera. I'll get some outdoor adventure pictures soon.

All three are sleeping now. I'd better have a cup of coffee or I will be going with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment