"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons"
~ T.S. Eliot
"The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Change Is Gonna Come


Sam Cooke, one of the greatest vocalists, and A Change Is Gone Come, one of the greatest songs. He sings, "I don't know what's up there beyond the sky." I don't know what is "out there" either. But I do know as the Eastern Namaste cultures know that there is the divine in each of us. The Buddha taught that each of us has a buddha nature. And Jesus said "The kingdom of God is within you."

I hope to live to see us look here, within ourselves, not waiting for up there or out there, and make the change come for  the suffering people in this world. Helping them and being stewards over the earth are our only sacred duties.

My generation was going to change away from Mr. Businessman and war and to save the world but look at what the Boomers' lifetimes have included. I sum it up with BMWs and Iraq, and now Citizens United and the repeal of the guts of the Voting Rights Act.

Is Change Gone Come? We are the only ones who can make it so.



2 comments: