"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons"
~ T.S. Eliot
"The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

Sunday, September 8, 2013

A reminder




Reminding us that we had warnings decades ago about the real nature and real agenda of the Republican Party. Too bad we did not heed the message and band together to prevent their ascension to power.

I confess I was blind and duped, after having been a radical leftie in my younger days, seduced by the intellectual brand of Republican, all of whom are dead and gone and ignored by today's body-snatched Republican Party. But Reagan kicked off his 84 re-election campaign in Philadelphia, Mississippi, a town known for absolutely nothing except the murders of the three Civil Rights Workers, James Earl Chaney, Andrew Goodman, and Mickey Schwerner, by the KKK. And look at Nixon's racist "Southern Strategy". Tokens like the totally not racist Jack Kemp also dead and gone.

Will Rogers said, "I am not a member of any organized political party - I am a Democrat." Well, let's get organized and run the racist idiots who have perverted the meaning of Christianity, want an American Taliban, and who literally hate the poor and cheer at the thought of the uninsured dying, let's run them out of town, out of the country, off the planet at least to little Pluto, and maybe out of this galaxy.
I personally know members of the party of Lincoln who applaud his assassination. These people are worse than biting, poisonous insect. Jesus teaches us to love our enemies. I am trying, but failing and I pray for the strength to learn to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment